I need a new PSU, help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I need a new PSU badly.

I have pretty much decided on either the Antec TruePower 2 550watt, or, the Antec Smartpower 500Watt.

The Smartpower is modular, the Truepower is not. The Smartpower maxes at 500watts.

Is there a vast difference in 50watts? Will 500watts be fine for SLI, if I want it in the future?

stick with your Antec as cheaper PSU's will only let you down in the future and are more prone to causing damage to other components.

the truepower 2 is a solid PSU, I've built 2 PCs around them.

Stay away from seasonic though, had no end of proplems with them, seem to work pretty much ok for your average PC but get all sorts of problems if you're running a dual CPU board, something wrong with the power supplied out of the 6 pin extra power connector.

I'm not sure if anybody on Tech-Forums knows this, but there are actually other PSUs worth buying... A bunch of good Rosewill PSUs for 65 - 85 dollars that support SLI.

Deathawk said:
I'm not sure if anybody on Tech-Forums knows this, but there are actually other PSUs worth buying... A bunch of good Rosewill PSUs for 65 - 85 dollars that support SLI.

I know there are lots others. But, none of them have built such a good name as Antec has. Everyone knows that Antec won't let you down. :)

Over 100$ is too much.

I was also thinking about this ULTRA...a few people on T-F have it, so if anyone has it tell me how is it?

http://xoxide.com/ultra-x-connect2-uvblue.html

It's like the sexiest PSU ever created.

CrazeD said:
I know there are lots others. But, none of them have built such a good name as Antec has. Everyone knows that Antec won't let you down. :)

Over 100$ is too much.

I was also thinking about this ULTRA...a few people on T-F have it, so if anyone has it tell me how is it?

http://xoxide.com/ultra-x-connect2-uvblue.html

It's like the sexiest PSU ever created.

No the Hiper Type R Is the Sexiest PSU Every created. Oh and hey look its MODULAR, Cause we all know when looking for a psu its all about appearences and looks. :mad: :rolleyes:

Ste said:
No the Hiper Type R Is the Sexiest PSU Every created. Oh and hey look its MODULAR, Cause we all know when looking for a psu its all about appearences and looks. :mad: :rolleyes:

Are you being sarcastic? Cause I never said it was about apperances and looks. If that were the case, I'd buy some sh*tty raidmax.

I have the Ultra X2 550w Modular PSU and its awsome... good clean stable power... and its cables glow under a black light hehehe....

i would recommend it to any1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom