Computer FREEZE or restart/ Memtest FREEZE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirkamran32

Beta member
Hey, i have a computer that i built. It has been freezing and restarting lateley. I did memtest, and THAT froze. I went out and purchased compatible high quality corsair RAM thinking that would solve my problem. THis failed, and my computer still freezes on memtest. When my computer does freeze it is usually during intense things like games or installing windows. When it freezes once, if I wait a bit, it helps, but if i immediateley start it up again then it freezes upon boot. This looked like a CPU problem, so when my computer froze i checked my temperature. That was way WITHIn the temperature limit, so my CPU is not overheating. I enabled "beeping" for my cpu temp and its voltage, and no beeping happens. However when i enable beeping for DDR voltage, my computer constantly beeps. Is this because of my power supply, motherboard or what? What should i do?? i dont understand what is going on!! ANY HELP APPRECIATED THANKS!!

Here are the specs of my computer:
Windows XP Home (SP2)
Intel Pentium 4 HT (3.06ghz, 2mb level 2 cache)
1 GB RAM (pc 4200, brand: pqi)
ABIT AL8 mother board
NVIDIA geforce 7600 gt
linksys wireless adapter
DVD read-write
150 gb hdd
350W power supply(i think...dont know how to check, it might be 400W but i doubt it)
ANTEC case

I think you may need a stronger power supply, might wanna get another opinion on this though

hey thanks! i dont know anything about buying power supplies and installing them...and my computer has been working fine for a 1-2 years...the only upgrade i have made is my graphics card. Maybe this overloaded my power supply.
I also did some power supply test to see how much i theoretically needed, and it said (around 300) I would think i would be fine. Anyone else think that its the power supply?? what else could i do to diagnose my problem further???

Sounds to me like an over heating problem. Check to make sure your cpu fan is connected and working. If that doesn't work try removing one of your RAM chips.

My CPU fan IS connected properley secured and fully functional. I checked the temperature, and it is not exceeding the high limit. I only have one RAM chip, and i have tried a NEW piece of ram, and this did not fix the issue. Thanks though!!
ANY other suggestions???

did u try putting the ram in the other slot maybe that slot is not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom