Need Help With Choice About Processer

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're not worth it if your gonna have to change your mobo and ram...

stick to socket 939 if thats what you got.. no need to go change mobo and ram and all that if you really don't need to

Amd gt player said:
well u would need a new mobo and ram so no its not really worth it for u just get the 4800+x2

Why would I, Isnt an 4800 x2 a 939 socket, my mobo is 939 and it supports 64 bit, why would I need new mobo and ram for that ?

Seriously im asking a question not trying to look smart ?

Amd gt player said:
well u would need a new mobo and ram so no its not really worth it for u <new sentence> just get the 4800+x2

He meant don't upgrade your ram and mobo just to get core 2. Just get a x2 for your skt 939.

I found this processer : http://www.xtsit.com/browse/product_details.php?id=10745

Should I get It ?

If Yes, im guessing since its am2 I would need a new mobo ?

How much would a decent mobo cost and is that a good processer to choose ?

EDIT: Just found out that it says this in the details box on taht website :

Athlon 64 Dual-Core processor drops into existing AMD Athlon 939-pin sockets that are compatible with 90nm single-core processor architectures

So I wouldnt need a new mobo, good choice of processer then ?

You want one that says its for 939. Unless I totally missed something AM2 is NOT compatible with 939 motherboards.

That description is describing the first dual cores for some reason.

Stick with the AMD processor previously mentioned the Intel Core 2 Duo is faster but since it is your graphics card handling most of the work you wont see much difference between a dual core AMD and the new dual core Intel. But you will see a difference between your single core AMD and a dual core AMD.

1: Its Socket Am2
2: If you did get a Am2 Board you would need DDR2 ram

If you want X2 get a Skt 939 so you dont need to change mobo

just stick to 4800x2 on Socket 939... the 4800x2 isnt far off from fx60 and fx62... and if your going am2... why not go with intel core 2 duo?? they're far better, and cheaper for superior performance

My skt is 939 so im going for an athlon x2 4800+ (939)

I just relised my ram is ddr not ddr2, will I still be able to buy this processer and use it?

Im on the verge of clicking the buy button now so if anyone wants to give me a few hints on where to get one for a good price, if not then ok,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom