need a new hd!!! quick ordering TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not the SATA/RAID drivers you need. Go to a computer which has the internet+ floppy, go to the mobo's website, and then get the drivers.

lancec2c30 said:
okay I dont understand what I am doing wrong, I put the floppy iwth the drivers on it in and then boot from cd. When it boots up it says push f6 to install aditioanl driver or something and I do so. Then it asks you wich driver to install, so I highlight the one for windows xp/2000 and it sounds like it install it becuase of the floppy drive working. After that it says to press enter to continue so I do so. And it just says the same thing: " no drive was detected, please make sure all ....." . I am just short on patience with this thing and there are getting shorter with every F*** me message I get.

Your impatience and profanity aren't going to get your questions answered any faster, it just makes you look like an immature 10 year old. Before you pee your pants over there, the first thing you should do, if you haven't already done so, is boot your computer without any disks. Go into the BIOS. Check to make sure the hard drive is recognized in the BIOS. If its not then you don't have it hooked up right. Check SATA and Power connections. If it is recognized, maybe you're using the wrong drivers?

Are you completely sure the motherboard supports SATA 3.0Gb/s? If it is then you DO NOT need a jumper, but if for some reason you are mistaken and the motherboard only supports SATA 150, then you might need the jumper to enable backwards compatibity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom