No monitor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
So yeah, I finally made my little pc, and aside from a few small problems (side window not working, vcard fan a little louder than expected), it seems when I hook up a monitor, nothing comes on screen. Not sure if it's my vcard or mobo or what.. I guess I'll rma them both?

Need more information please. Are the parts hooked up correctly?? Check the video card and motherboard.

Yes, everything gets powered up. The lights, fans, optical drive, everything is getting power and everything is hooked up. I may go get a cheap pci card tomorrow and put it in and see if I get anything with that.

Make sure to recheck all of your connections for the monitors power cables, video cable, correctly seated vcard. Most problems with no power to components on a new install is just from a wire or connection that accidently gets bumped loose while installing other stuff

From my other thread:

I decided to move my videocard (XFX 7900GS Xtreme Ed.) from the #2 pci-e slot, to the #1 slot (the one with the broken latch ) and yeah, now my monitor gets a display. Not only that, but the fan on the card is now silent (which is good). When it was in slot #2 the fan was quite loud.. this is weird, to me. Any thoughts? Can't imagine why it would work and be more quiet in slot 1, and not work and be loud in slot 2. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom