How to switch a new burner out with an old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I have a cd burner drive and just bought a new dvd nurning drive. Was wondering if it could still burn everything other then dvds so it could replace my old cd burner. And if so, can I use all the cables and connectors and everything from the cd burner to hook up the dvd burner or does it take all different stuff?

most of the cables should be compatible, and most dvd burners will burn cd-r/cd-rw's, so you should be able to swtich them out.

First you should install the drivers your dvd burner came with, then you should just be able to unplug you cdr/cdrw drive and switch it out with the dvd burner and it should work.

Well, I got the burner to work properly as far as music cds go. I dont know, however how to get the dvds to burn properly. I got the program dvd shrink so that it can all fit on one of my blank cds, I burnt one, and everything seemed to work, but it wont play in any dvd players. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have 5 different dvd players.....and none of them will play them? Then what good are dvd burners if you cant watch them on your average dvd player? I just thought I might have done something wrong the way I put it on the DVD-R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom