RAM problemz

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Ok well yeah i havent done much werk with ram.. well actually for sum reason ive never installed ram b4, so today i decided to put sum ram from one of my really old computers into one of my old computers.. so yeah i took the two 32 mb sticks outa my computer then put sum "128mb PC133 Apacer" ram that was laying around into the computer that i took the 32 mb sticks outof.. which has a "AOPEN AX6L" motherboard.. so yeah i put them in and started the computer..... and.... it didnt start.. lol, so any ideas what the problem could be?, i dont have the manual for the mobo, so yeah, and im not sure what the old ram speed was or anything.. so any ideas what the problem could be?

Ok well.. i figured that problem out.. i phoned a friend and he told me i had 2 give it sum pressure when i pushed it in.. so its in and working now.. but now i have another problem.. after i go looking to see if it upgraded that ram to 128mb it still sais i only have 64mb of ram.. even though i took the two 32 mb sticks out. so currently i only have the 128 mb pc 133 ram in that computer and it sais that thier is only 64 mb ram.. so yeah thats kinda wierd. I heard sumthen about needing to upgrade sumthen in my bios.. i whent looking around in thier, and couldnt really see any thing werth messing around with.. any help would be nice.

ok well so yeah.. i decided to throw the other two 32 mb sticks in thier with the 128mb stick and now it sais all i have is 128mb all together.. so could it be that my 128mb is only being detected as 64 mb?.. i thought that maybe the sticker on the side of the 128mb of ram was wrong and it was only a 64 mb stick but i tried it in my other computer, and indeed it is a 128mb sd pc133, so yeah any ideaz what the problem could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom