Need a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, time for a reply.

@Jorsoft = I agree with you. Compaq's and HP's are much better systems for the money and I've had bad experience with both new and old Acer computers. I just need to find a deal on an HP.

@Nitestick = I guess I could try Sempron, i just need a basic computer that works. I'm not going to be doing any gaming, just surfing the interweb and listening to music.

@Shumway = Most of my old parts are pretty much useless. I can use the Wireless-B card, DVD-RW, and USB 2.0 card. My CPU is getting way too dusty, too fast, and my memory has gotta be bad :angry:

@Trotter = That Emachines looks pretty nice, but I'm not really too familiar with Emachines, other than my second computer that broke on me (bad PSU). Also, isn't the Athlon 3200 a little dated?

@Trotter, again = I could use my PC's memory for that Emachines, since its DDR3200. However, the closest Best Buy is in Vancouver, a ferry ride away. I'll just do some research around Future Shop and Staples websites.

talldude123 said:
Also, isn't the Athlon 3200 a little dated?

..... didn't you originally put up a celeron 3.2ghz..?

luckily, i've learned to lower my expectations of you talldude.. :p

talldude, whats your current computer sepcs.... cuz upgrading will be a lot better for you rather than getting all new cuz your budget is so low

Check my sig... I'm on a 3200+, so it's not "outdated". It's just not dual-core or AM2. It works just fine, and I can always upgrade later.

Plus, you will definitely noticed a huge speed jump. Even though 3200 is supposed to be equal to a 3.2, it's not... it is superior to a 3.2. Plus, you've been using a Celeron, which is a 32-bit processor with very little onboard cache. The 3200+ is a 64-bit CPU with full onboard cache.

Besides, the link I posted was an "online only" deal, so there's no need for a store to be nearby.

Some give eMachines a hard time, but my eMachine did me fine. And continues to do so. My wife is on it right now playing a game. And it only has a socket A 2000+ (now that's outdated).

if ur doing photoshop and all kinds of graphics, celeron would be better than sempron. i have a sempron computer that i use for photoshop. and i just hate it. celeron is probably a better way to go.

Trotter said:
Check my sig... I'm on a 3200+, so it's not "outdated". It's just not dual-core or AM2. It works just fine, and I can always upgrade later.

Plus, you will definitely noticed a huge speed jump. Even though 3200 is supposed to be equal to a 3.2, it's not... it is superior to a 3.2. Plus, you've been using a Celeron, which is a 32-bit processor with very little onboard cache. The 3200+ is a 64-bit CPU with full onboard cache.

Besides, the link I posted was an "online only" deal, so there's no need for a store to be nearby.

Some give eMachines a hard time, but my eMachine did me fine. And continues to do so. My wife is on it right now playing a game. And it only has a socket A 2000+ (now that's outdated).

(I use a Socket A 2000+ :()

Yeah, go with either a Sempron, low end pentium D, or low end Athlon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom