Beta member
Hi..I need help:)

I just bought a new system.

Core 2 Duo 6600
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
2x1 Gb Kingston 667
LG DVD writer LG GSA-H20L
Maxtor 300 SATA2 16

The problem started already when I tried to install first drivers for the MB.

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory

I checked if on PIO mode will work and ofcourse my writer is working. Problem it is that the PIO mode is very slowly. Just to copy takes 1 hour per DVD

What I did:

Start - Right click My Computer
Select Manage from the resulting menu
In the Computer Management window, selected Device Manager
In the right panel, clicked to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
Identified my CD/DVD drive in the expanded menu and right click the appropriate drive
Selected Properties
In the Properties windows, clicked the Advanced Settings tab
In the Transfer Mode box that represents your CD/DVD drive (typically Device 1), opened the droped down the menu and selected PIO Only

I need help: The DVD Writer is given that is supporting DMA. In BIOS is set on DMA if available

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers are set default on DMA if available-just that it's not working

DVD-rom and hard disk are both Master.

I really don't know what to do.

May I hope for help please?

Thanks

Is your divice type set to auto? Also Have you tried to reinstall your board drivers? Also try to set your burner to cable slect. I know it may be a long shot but it's worth the try.

My devices are set for auto (in bios and device manager also) and I've tried also to reinstall board drivers. Stupid thing is that Asus has a very bad support online (and such a slow page).. Anyway thanks. It is a new comp so on Monday I will give it back to the vendor to fix it. I didn't try to change the way they mounted it. The hard disk and dvd-rom are both on master. It should work but anyway...best solution it may be trying with other dvd-rom...

Thx again. If I will have an explanation for that I will get back here and post it for others.

Back with answer

As I promised I am back with an answer. A bit too late true..-) Easy to promise hard to keep your word. So..I have solved the problem changing the cable for the DVD-writer. That's all and that it was. I hope that my experience will be a help for others with similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom