Advice for buying a new computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitlin008

Beta member
Need advice for buying a new computer!

So as you probably gathered, I'm looking to buy a new computer. I know a little bit about computers, but not a ton, so really fancy answers with lots of confusing terms might go over my head a little, just as a warning, so you may have to explain (I understand about mb/gb, video cards, memory, and that sort of thing, but some of the other terms confuse me). I'm looking for one that isn't too expensive (I'd like to keep it under 800-900 american dollars), and I've been asking around at different places but thought a forum like this might be the most helpful because you guys really know your stuff. I found one computer that I like, the link is here: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ultra6000.asp?v=d
But I don't know if this is a good place to buy from, or what. The computer as shown there is about 550 dollars, but when I added what I wanted it came out around 800, or a little over. I want it mostly for general use, I'm not going to overload it in that sense, but I also want to be able to put The Sims 2 on it, and have the game run smoothly and not take ages to do everything. For that purpose, I obviously need a lot of stuff. Mainly, I just want advice on whether this website would be a good idea to order from, but if you have other bits of advice those would be helpful too.
Sorry this is so long, I'm having a lot of trouble getting advice that is actually helpful, so I may have overdone it a little...Thanks in advance!

my advice build your own computer.building a pc is rather simple and if u dont want to start from scratch u can buy a barebones system which is just the basic components and then u buy what u want.the best site to my knowledge is newegg.com. it has many reviews for all the products sold and have many barebones models to choose from.i hope this helps u

I don't want to build my own computer if I can avoid it, because if 80 different parts come separately, I won't know what to do...

You'll save yourself alot of money, and it's not 80 parts :p, actually here is what you would need:

Motherboard
CPU and heatsink
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drives (CD/DvD etc)
PSU
Video Card
Case
Any additional cooling if you want :)
And then your perephirals (Monitor etc.)

It really isn't as hard as you think, most people percieve PC building as a complicated process involving soldering and intricate detailed tasks etc. when really all it is is putting a few parts together, and also it can be a really fun hobby.

I suppose I could look into building, although you'd be surprised how easily I can get confused sometimes!...but if I don't build my own, how is the computer that was suggested to me (linked in my first post)? ...Or more importantly, how is the company? (If anyone knows..)

like i said if u get a barebones system and add on its quit simple everything u need basically snaps in like legos its all pretty self explanitory. plus as mentioned u will save a boat load of cash and get a better product for ur needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom