Whats better for my Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmxfreakrider said:
my opinion:
amd > intel (price vs power)
amd < intel (only when the core2duo is concerened)
xp > vista
nvidia > ati
homebuild > prebuild
microsoft = $ so dont by it
lazer > optical > ball
crt > lcd responce vs price
crt < lcd overall size
wired > wireless(almost all the time, unless u spend big and go for $xxx)
sata > ata
pci x16 > pci x1 > agp 8x > agp 4x > standard pci > isa
and finally thermaltake > almost all(tho stock coolin can be pretty good)

Thanks for the input, i agree with the crt - lcd thing, and i dislike wireless anything to be honest, anyway Thank you

well i love my wireless mouse but ist a mx 1000 so it is teh $xxx
and i agree with thermal take but lcd are gettign very good right now and i mean very good 1ms and great contrast ratio for like 300$ ime getting a veiw sonic myself and its beutifull has a 2 ms contrast ratio great resolution and amazing contrast i compared it to some crts they had in teh store and they didnt compare

Skipped half the crap here.. but for people referring to "ATI < NVIDIA" and stuff... you honestly don't know what you're talking about. Both have their ups and downs, it's not like they sell 1 card only... And an x850xt is excellent for a budget build, so don't let these nay sayers sway your thinking :)

Also, performance wise, an x850xt outperforms a 7600GT, and GL getting a 7600GT for 115 dollars...

Deathawk said:
Skipped half the crap here.. but for people referring to "ATI < NVIDIA" and stuff... you honestly don't know what you're talking about. Both have their ups and downs, it's not like they sell 1 card only... And an x850xt is excellent for a budget build, so don't let these nay sayers sway your thinking :)

Also, performance wise, an x850xt outperforms a 7600GT, and GL getting a 7600GT for 115 dollars...

thx for your honesty and actually answering my question

Deathawk said:
Also, don't get a PhysX card, no real use right now...

No use ever. PhysX will die off in the next 2 years, with no-one remembering it ever came.

I agree with Deathawk. The X850 is a great budget card.

As for you other idiots......if you want to have a fight about whether ATI is better than nVidia, take it somewhere else. What a fantastic waste of bandwidth, with a massive argument, and no answers. Great spirit, keeping TF at the top of HELPFUL technology forums. All these arguments have been flogged to death on TF. Do a search if you want to bring up an old , senseless topic.

Since you're buying a new PC, I also recommend getting a AMD A64 instead of the Pentium D. I'm pretty sure, considering you're buying a X850, that a Core 2 Duo system is out of your budget, so a A64 system would be better value than the Pentium one you've got picked out. What's your budget? I'm sure someone will be able to pick parts with better performance in your pricerange.

i agree with with magouster. you can get amd X2s for under $200 USD on newegg now. and there is no such thing as a better video card company or better cpu company. its a game of one upsmanship they keep out doing each other. i remember in june of '05 when they were saying ATI had it won with the X800, but then nvidia came out with SLI. and its the same with intelvamd. the newer amd chips they are comming out with the first quarter of '07 will make conroe look like crap, but intel will have another one after that ect. ect.

my advice go with the X850, its a good cars does great on DX based games and ok on OpenGL based games.
and i would change from a pentiumD to an AMD athlonX2 3800+ $180 on newegg right now and far better.

magouster said:
No use ever. PhysX will die off in the next 2 years, with no-one remembering it ever came.

I agree with Deathawk. The X850 is a great budget card.

As for you other idiots......if you want to have a fight about whether ATI is better than nVidia, take it somewhere else. What a fantastic waste of bandwidth, with a massive argument, and no answers. Great spirit, keeping TF at the top of HELPFUL technology forums. All these arguments have been flogged to death on TF. Do a search if you want to bring up an old , senseless topic.

Since you're buying a new PC, I also recommend getting a AMD A64 instead of the Pentium D. I'm pretty sure, considering you're buying a X850, that a Core 2 Duo system is out of your budget, so a A64 system would be better value than the Pentium one you've got picked out. What's your budget? I'm sure someone will be able to pick parts with better performance in your pricerange.

Ya it gets annoying that ppl want to argue on a thread you started, oh well.

yea i thought the x850 would be a good choice, i dont need something spectacular right now, heck my old Radeon 9800se ran most games lol, but im not particular about brands.

My budget can be streched but all together the computer should cost around $1200 to $1400 (includes monitor, keyboard ect.)

I heard about the Core 2 Duo, though it says 1.8 ghz its still better than a 3.1? im not really up on that stuff so dont yell at me lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom