G80 specs leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I think it would make sense, seeing as how ATI is set to have 64 real pipelines. Nvidia would have to raise the stakes from 32 pixel pipelines and 16 vertex shaders....

The R600 will be cool but you will need an external PS which is supposed to be included just to run it as it will use 250W of power to run........

Does anybody know what the actual minimum PSU specs are for the G80? From what I've heard, my FS 500W will not cut it. If that is the case, I will get a 7900GTX after the next price drop (that should handle UT2007) and wait on DX10 until they get the power requirements down.

Look at the trends for the alst few generations. The 5 series was 300wat min, 6 was 330 7 is 350. I would say 400w from a good company will be fine for a single one with atleast 25amps on the 12v and 30 from dual rails.

I don't think it will be true water cooling, but infact those pipes with that liquid in on high end fan coolers.

I think I will be picking one of these up sometime next year. (not straight away though. (The GT, not a GTX unless my March bonus is more than I predict.)

I think that it will not be true water cooling, just heat pipes.

And it can give out 50joules more heat a second then and still be on my guess. I can't see it needing more than a 400watt (good) PSU on a normal PC.

(I will accept being wrong - heck I will put it in my sig that I was wrong about something. :p)

Trifid said:
I think that it will not be true water cooling, just heat pipes.

And it can give out 50joules more heat a second then and still be on my guess. I can't see it needing more than a 400watt (good) PSU on a normal PC.

(I will accept being wrong - heck I will put it in my sig that I was wrong about something. :p)
Watts = joules/second
so if it's +50J/s, then it's +50W

Yes, so will fit into my 'bet' on the PSU spec. :)

How long is it until I find out if I'm right or wrong? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom