XP Pro Media Center 2005 Install Prob..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty090

Baseband Member
Hey All,
I successfully installed this once.. did something to gum it up and am now trying to install it again.

I did a complete format, boot from cd.. install.. all ok to this point.

The first time it tried to start running on it's own after installing all the way it gives me the XP Professional black screen as usual then flickers for about 1/4 of second a blue screen of death then restarts my PC. I have tried now 3 different cd's including the one I was successful with before.
I have XP Pro on there (on another HD) and it works just fine.

Any thoughts to what is causing this? I tried so many times to take a picture or video of the blus screen to see what it says but I just cant make it out no matter how hard I try.

All my hardware works just great under XP Pro so I cant see it being defective Hardware. I am now on my 4th attempt and frustrated all to heck :)

Thanks!
Smitty
..... you son of a B%$#%$.. as I am typing this on my laptop the stupid thing worked on my 4th install attempt. Time to make an image of this install haha.

Still.. any thoughts to possibly why?

If its working then ask no more questions..lol..ghost that ***** and be done!..on the real though not sure what could've caused it..especially since the install completed ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom