Drives not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it now without the Network card, Audio card, and cd Drives.
I tried it without the fan and it's still the same.
When i took it apart i didn't ground my self, could i have staticly damaged the motherboard?
I am pretty sure that the drives themselves are not broken.

It's always possible you damaged the board, and you're right, it's probably not the drives, or cables, cause they can't all be bad. Do you have another board you can try with all the other peripherals? Alternatively can you take the board somewhere to get it tested? A friends house or a store?

I think I might have to get the board tested.

Do you know if that's something someone can do at home, or do you need special equipment and someone that knows what their doing?

Could something in bios do something like this?

No, the bios can't do it. It really has to be put in another system and tried there, or there are probably diagnostic tools out there to do it, but I'm not familiar with them. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. That is such a frustrating problem!

this is something we would need to see. since you took the whole thig apart and re-assembled just about anything could be wrong with it. get a proffessional or someone computer hardware knowledgable to inspect it, and make sure you tell him you took the whole thing apart. thats a very important detail.

There are several ways to test whether or not your HDs are working... if you're able to go into BIOS and check, see if your drives are detected in there... if not, then chances are there's a connection problem. Remove the drives, and plug them into another computer, using completely different cables.
If the drive is STILL not detected, there's something wrong with the drive itself. If it is detected, but cannot boot, then there's something wrong with the software on the drive, and it's best to format the whole thing and try again.

If, however, everything boots and everything works, there's a connection problem on your own computer. First, check the cable.
The cable could have been screwed up somehow when you unplugged it. Better to replace it with another one. Check the power as well. Remember, if either of these cables have problems, your drive will not be detected.

Other things to make sure are the jumpers on the hard drive - make sure they're correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom