need a new hd!!! quick ordering TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so I went and got a floppy out of one of my computer that are old, and I looked in my box of stuff that came with the mobo. Now there was a floppy that said NVraid 32bit. so I popped it in beofre it booted. And set the boot sequence for that to go first. Well when it recognized it it said "non-system diskett, replace and press any key" ?? whats up? isnt it the drivers?

okay sorry, well I dont have to make the disk though do I. Because there is a floppy disk that came with the motherboard that has driver. and by floppy out of old computer I mean the floppy drive.

well it never asked for for any drivers when I boot from the cd, and it takes forever to get to the first blue screen in the windows setup. Like 5 minutes, and then when it askes : " do you want to install windows? press enter" I do so and it tells me there isnt any drives connected to do it. This computer is really pi$$ing me off. Why cant the mobo just support the dam hard drive out of the box?

and I looked on the cd that came with the mobo to find something to put drivers on a floppy, or any raid/sata drivers. But I coudnt really find any. I also looked i bios cause that is the only thing you can access with the computer right now.

Sorry if you will have to just repeat what you just said, but I am just stuck :( man I wanna play COH. There have been 2 commercials for it in the past 3 days, and it just sets there on my desk teasing me :(

You're doing something wrong. Not paying attention or something. Whether or not the hard drive you're using is SATA or PATA or what ever, Windows WILL ask you to press F6 to install any RAID drivers before installation begins. Its not going to do it immediately. It will take a few minutes while Windows initializes the OS installation, then it will pause on that screen asking you to press F6 to install the drivers. Just follow the instructions. You're missing that part. Once you get to that part, thats when you put in the floppy. If you put the floppy in and then boot up the computer, the computer will automatically check the floppy for a boot disk. Obviously its a disk with drivers on it, not a boot disk, thats why you were getting the non-system diskett error. Most, if not all of this stuff can be found either on the manual that came with your motherboard, or at the motherboard manufacturer's website. Seems like you're just in too much of a hurry.

I did that part, I installed the drivers for RAID/SATA when it asked me to, but it has changed nothing. it still brings up an error message saying there is not HD disk connected and installation cannot continue. and when I try and enable Serial ata port 2 and plug the hd cable into that one it will go to a DOS screen saying initializing array, and it will not go away. I left it on that screen last night when I went to bed just to see if it was something taking too long. But it was still on when I woke up.

If you say you installed it, I'm not sure you did it correctly. When your computer is posting, is it atleast recognizing the HD by listing it on the screen? If it does, then you're just installing the drivers wrong. If it doesn't, then you might have a bad drive, but I'm leaning towards the first option.

okay I dont understand what I am doing wrong, I put the floppy iwth the drivers on it in and then boot from cd. When it boots up it says push f6 to install aditioanl driver or something and I do so. Then it asks you wich driver to install, so I highlight the one for windows xp/2000 and it sounds like it install it becuase of the floppy drive working. After that it says to press enter to continue so I do so. And it just says the same thing: " no drive was detected, please make sure all ....." . I am just short on patience with this thing and there are getting shorter with every F*** me message I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom