Logon Scripts - Mapped Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbied69

Solid State Member
Hi,

I am trying to map network drives for a few users via Group Policy. I have created a new OU within and created 4 test users. I want to map some drives to these users rather than doing them manually as a lot more users will join this OU. I have created a batch file as follows:

net use m \\<servername>\Moscow
net use w \\<servername>\AE1

I have copied it to the appropriate folder e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\<domain name>\Policies\{86F42B79-1847-4B86-8A32-94550702F40F}\User\Scripts\Logon

I didn't specify any parameters, so I am unsure if that is a problem. I created the GP anyway. When I logged in as a new user, nothing happened no drives were mapped. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have run the file whilst logged in as this user and the drives are then mapped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When I had to login into my server at work, I just made put a batch file into the start up menu. I would see if that works for you.

i would copy the batch to a server share and set everyone read access. i'd prolly setup a gpo with the batch file executing as a logon script, i think its located at User config| Windows settings | scripts | logon. Apply the gpo to the needed users and check permissions for use.

We just use the logon scripts in the netlogon folder. Would this not work for you? Just throw all your batch files into said folder and simply point there AD account to point to said batch file.

Which aspect of the GPO are you applying the logon script? The user or the computer?

You're going to want to make sure it's in the user portion of the logon script if you want it mapped when they logon.

Also, make sure they have read permissions on the script.

Hi, thanks for all your responses. For some reason it took a good 10 mins for the policies to be applied. I did do it through user config btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom