just finished install windows xp and one of my h.d isnt recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibola

Solid State Member
i just finished formating my h.d and after i installed tcc windows xp lite, one of my h.d which wasnt formated (sign I) isnt being recognized by windows now.

Right click "My Computer" select Manage

Go to Storage>Disk Management

Is the Disk listed there, if you have two hard disk, you'll see Disk 0 and Disk 1.

You need to initialize it as extended and format it as NTFS for Windows to see it.

its not there.
is there a connection between the fact that the prevous xp was on c: which was formated as fat32 and now i formated it as ntfs ?

the missing h.d is in ntfs.

Sounds like you installed a new drive, make sure your Jumpers are in the right order. I've had some harddrives not being recognised because of that SIMPLE fact.

even if before the new installation of windows that drive was working fine ?

its not new h.d it has on it 100gb full.

p.s.
at the bios the h.d is shown.
i decided to reformat with different copy of xp installation but at the screen when it ask you were you want to install xp again there wasnt ny remind of the missing h.d which by the way i forgot to mention that its sata , if its important.

anyway when i didnt see it there i stop the proccess , since maybe the problem is not realated to new xp..

Win2kpatcher said:
but it is showing in the BIOS?

not sure i understood the question . i said that in the bios i can see the h.d so i guess the answer is yes, or did u mean to something else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom