Whats better for my Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinorInfluence

Baseband Member
Well I have my computer figured out except for the Video Card,
here are the specs so far:

Nzxt Lexa Gaming Tower Case - http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/Images/Case/Big/pc-lexa-set-1.jpg

500 Watt Power Supply
Pentium-D Processor 940 [3.2GHz, Dual-Core, 2x2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, 64-Bit]
Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink + 2 Extra Color Lighting Case Fans
[DDR2] ECS 945P-A i945P Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, USB 2.0 PCI-E MB
2g of ram
200 GB HARD DRIVE
LCD Monitor ViewSonic 19" Q9B TFT LCD Monitor [Black]
and
ATI Radeon X850-XT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video
which is mid range price and performance, im willing to spend more but i was just wondering what i should go with.

Anything else you guys think needs to be changed plz share Im open.

Im sure some of you are familar with Tom's Hardware Guide (www.tomshardware.com/) I did some research on fps on selected games, which is what this computer is going to be used for mostly i.e. World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2, FEAR. Its a good site but I dont know much about video cards, and cant afford the most expensive card.

Oh and how much better will my machine run with a Physics Processing Unit like 128MB GDDR3 PCI Physics Card. Is it worth it?

Please anything helps because I dont know everything lol, not even close

Thanks in advance.

Actually it goes

Intel Core 2 duo > Amd X2 > Intel Pentium D
Nvidia ~ Ati (there both good)

I would suggest getting a core 2 duo cpu. If you want to get into overclocking get a HIS x1800gto IceQ3 video card (if you can find it). If you don't want to overclock than get a 7600gt or a x1900gt or a 7900gt depending on what you want to spend.

dario03 said:

I would suggest getting a core 2 duo cpu. If you want to get into overclocking get a HIS x1800gto IceQ3 video card. If you don't want to overclock than get a 7600gt.

Nvidia > Ati .... period.

Ok... Show me a 7600gt that can score over 10k in 3dmark05 with a 2.5ghz amd 64 and 1 gb of ram.

My x1800gto can do that on a stock cooler and when I got it a few months ago it costed the same as a Evga 7600gt.

MinorInfluence said:
Sounds silly but Battlefield 2 will not support nvidia, it sucks but thats why i went to Radeon

where are u from i used to play bf2 all the time and my buddy does on his 6600 im preaty shure bf2 is nvidia optimized correct me if im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom