More xp problems... help please =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jash

Solid State Member
MORE XP PROBLEMS HELP NOW PLZ! =]=]

Hello again, i have posted a few articles so far about my troubles and hopefully this will be the last one.
I will explain everything and then help would be appreciated.

I have just finished building this system:

P4 3.2ghz cpu
p5nd2 asus mobo
1 gig or RAM
XFX 7600gt gfx card
sony dvd rw
samsung 250 gig hdd
some 450w power supply :p

Ok well i then purchased an OEM copy of windows and booted the system to install it.
I got to the part where it says windows has now finished this part of the installation and will proceed after restarting (or some words to that affect.

Anyway the problem i have at the moment is that i installed xp in the end fine... and then i installed my grapchis card driver. aftermi installed it it said please restart the computer...
so i did but after i restarted and tried to get back into windows it wouldnt work... i set my bios to boot from hard drive and it just came up with a flashing blinking line and booting from cd doesnt help either cos that just reinstalls it when i press a button and well basically i cant get back into windows again after retstarting. help today would be appreciated
thanks
jamie

shouldnt matter.. basically my pc now wont boot after installing xp.. help more please.. i only have until about 3 o clock today and then i have to leave the pc
please help

i cant do anything.. whern i turn on the pc it just comes up with a flashing blinking line
thats it .. the only way to get in is to reinstal windows.

HELPPPPP

Re: MORE XP PROBLEMS HELP NOW PLZ! =]=]

but after i restarted and tried to get back into windows it wouldnt work... i set my bios to boot from hard drive and it just came up with a flashing blinking line and booting from cd doesnt help either cos that just reinstalls it when i press a button and well basically i cant get back into windows again

If you can get to the BIOS screen, you should be able to get to the safe mode/last known good screen. Unless I am reading this wrong. But I agree your video driver has clogged the process. As soon as you hit the power button, start tapping F8, you should either get a keyboard error or the option for safe mode. Otherwise it sounds like you are screwed.

Put the drive in another computer, format it, then reinstall Windows, make sure you DON'T apply that bad driver, look for a different one. Take out the HDD, reset CMOS and boot it WITHOUT having that harddrive in it, see if you can get to the BIOS screen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom