Memory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpedient

In Runtime
I have a problem guys... you can see how memory you have when you open your computer, right? it says memory testing and the tested memory says that you have that total memory, am i right? i have 512mb ram, but it shows only 256mb, i have the same kind of memory (pc333) and i have this memory for almost 9 mos.. what do you think the problem is guys?

hmm, check to make sure that they're both seated in the slots correctly and if that doesnt help test each of the sticks seperatly to see if one of them is bad or something

ok, ive done that and there seems to be no problem with the two RAMs, i just took it out and then place it in again, but i have another problem, when i try to install the operating system, windows xp, i get an error message, corrupted file or something like that, i restart the pc and then, boot the cd again, format, after the format (100% finished), another error message comes up and says that unable to format... do you know what the problem is? thanks COD2_fanatic

hmm, corrupted file almost sounds like the cd is messed up (could be RAM to even if it seems good), do you have another XP disks you could borrow off of someone and see if it works? (or another OS like Windows 2000)

EDIT: Just noticed your said "unable to formatt" that sounds like the Hard drive, but you'd have to narrow it down first

yes... it says unable to format "before" (using the long format) but now, after restarting and trying again, it formats now (using quick format), i am currently installing the windows xp now... do you think that there is a problem with the hard disk? what can i do to check if there is a problem with the hard drive after installing? (i think there is no problem with the CD, and thanks for the quick reply)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom