Help with upgrading CPU....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Hmm... Im thinking about upgrading my cpu to a Dual-Core X2 4200+.

Nothing to big and expensive, but would it be worth it? Will it last me atleast +6 months or close to a year after Vista & DX10 comes out?

Also, I've read that games dont even utilize Dual Core processors yet and you get better benchmarks using single cores. Is this true?

My games and ect is already running smooth I think? lol then again I never experience dual processors before. Scoring around 1000 on CPU tests in 3dmark06 and 4700+ on GPU score.

Btw, my specs are in my sig.

Why would you upgrade if you dont have to? Games will have better performance (or should at least) if they are multithreaded. I would recomend waiting to upgrade if your games are running smooth atm.

Well thats why I'm asking for some advice. Just want to make sure that is all, because I've heard mix things about Dual and Single Cores.

Newegg.com has a +4200 for $190...

lol Where are you shopping at!? Link please?

anyways can anyone give me some advice or answer the questions I asked?

When upgrading your computer ask yourself some questions like

"Do I need more power?"

If everything you have runs good then don't bother upgrading now.
Right now dual core is more for multitasking not gaming. Though there are a few games like Oblivion that will run better with a dual core.

As far as single core being better for gaming I think people mean for the price. I don't see why x2 3800 would be slower than a regular 3800. Though I've never actually looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom