Cant get new WD SATA HD to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

achase4u

Baseband Member
I got the caviar SE 16mb cache 250 gig western digital sata hd...

got a sata cable...

plugged in the sata power, plugged the sata cable in to the mother board (K8V SE deluxe) on sata 1. there is pri and sec for raid and 1 and 2 so I put it in 1.

The raid rom boot is enabled in bios, the promise raid controller WAS enabled, I tried disabling it.

The other thing is, I also put in a new video card at the same time, BFG 6800gs. The windows load screen starts to come up but stalls at about 10% brightness so you can barely see it, then it fades in the rest of the way after 20 seconds or so. is this HDD or video? Nothing shows up in bios or in windows...

really have no idea here. theres a regular 4 pin power option on the drive, i disconnected the sata power and tried the 4 pin power, nothing.

it always said fastrack bios not installed, no device found... thats just raid right?

I really dont know what to do here...

Thanks for any help.

BTW

OK - the via and promise look ok in win XP

the drive is showing up in the BIOS

Not in windows...
I jumper'd 5 and 6 of the new WD drive... so it recognizes it, but windows doesnt... whats the deal?

It shows up in windows as WDC WD25 00ks-00mjb0 SCSI disk device

so its working, just not showing up my my computer?

OK so now my second DVD drive isnt showing up.

its showing in bios, like the other hard drive. but not in windows

the 250 gb WD is showing in device manager as SCSI drive but not in my computer as storage

the DVD drive wont show up in device manager at all now. just bios

Got the drive to work

administrative tools worked -

but the strange thing is now only the primary dvd works . but if i unplug it, the other one works... they were both fine before... whats up? Am I limited to just the 3 hard drives and one DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom