Firefox 2 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to say this nicely as I have seen this in other forum threads:

Use what you like. If you don't like IE, use something else. Netscape has tabbed browsing. ****, the yahoo toolbar gives IE tabbed browsing. This crap about "my browser is far superior to your browser" needs to just calm down. Opinions are like noses, everybody has one. Like Ted Nugent said: "If you don't like Bill Gates and his products, get off your a$$ and invent your own, then compete with the guy." Just because Windows has an enormous market share doesn't make them inherently evil. Greedy? Maybe. Who is to say if you or I come up with the next great OS we wouldn't be the same way if our product took over. They have the largest share because they want it more. I have nothing against Linux, I haven't used it enough to make an honest and fair judgement. It does have MUCH better built in games than Windows. Bottom line is, use what you want to use and I won't give you crap about it. I'll use what I want to use and I hope you show me the same respect I show you.
Detante?

I can't picture how it looks... my FF is so customized the way I want it (address bar and search bar are on the main toolbar, and all of my controls are on the left side of the bookmark toolbar, and then I have my All-In-One Sidebar...).

Can you post a screenshot?

Here it goes:

See the google search box? It's way too big, not enough space for my hotlinks. I tried toying with the userChrome.css settings but it doesn't seem to work (maybe because it's a new version of FF).

Right-click on the toolbar, choose Customize.

First option:
From the list, drag and drop a divider between your search bar and your bookmarks. The search bar will shrink as you add more bookmarks to the toolbar.

Second option:
Drag the search bar up to where the address bar is, and put the address bar where the search bar is. Add the divider after the address bar.

You may want to check out the All-In-One Sidebar extension, so you can put most of your buttons on it and free up some real estate on your toolbar.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1027/

This is an actual dialogue box from Microsoft AntiSpyware from its early days. :p

firefoxthreat5.jpg

"Im not sure on the exact statistics but Im willing to bet the 95-98% of all corporations use IE, what does that tell you?"

companies also restrict browsing to the point that nothing bad will happen to the computers anyway. every big company i've worked at blocks websites unless they are websites you have to access for your job plus a couple other sites like ccn, nfl & mlb.com

Most consider firefox more secure. With the themes you can add it definetely looks better. You can add extensions for things like adblock, or to make logging into & browsing myspace faster, or make downloads several times faster, and fasterfox will tweak firefox so it is amazingly fast.

Opera is good too, I prefer firefox though.

Trotter said:
Right-click on the toolbar, choose Customize. [...]

I just ended up dragging the google search box to the right of my URL box. My screen is big enough to accomodate both. My bookmarks have now an entire screen width of space :).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom