System Doa

Status
Not open for further replies.

keezyman

Beta member
Well I had this habit of putting my system in standby mode when i went to bed. One particular morning, I woke up and the system was off, so i turned it on and I got no video now and no bios beeps or errors. The system powers on, my fans spin, HDD light comes on in the front of pc as well as the Cd-Rom light, but no video or anything else. I reseated my ram and proc, disconnected every cable in it, removed the modem, everything and still no good. System maker told me the mother board was bad, so i replaced it, still no good. Now they tell me it's the proc. Ram is good, tested in another system. Only options i can think of now are the power supply is somehow bad, or the processor took a dump. Any ideas would greatly help me.

Emachines T5026
Intel P4 3.06 ghz proc
Intel 915 chipset Mobo
Elixir 512 MB DDR Pc3200
160GB HDD Sata 1.5
DVD/RW +/-

Is it possible that the power supply is bad but still able to power certains parts of my Comp and not maybe the bios or something? On a limited budget and really need this comp working and don't want to keep nickle and diming it to find the problem.

yes ... it is possible the power supply is bad ... how long have you had your power supply for... and what brand ??
it's sounds like your power supply can not provide enough power to your PC ^^

is it still under warranty?

i would save yourself the money and trouble, and get emachines to repair it for you.

No it's not under warrenty any more. The PSU that was in it was a Bestec ATX-300. I put in a NZXT PP500 PSU that i got from a friend and now when I hit the power button, the system powers on for about 1 sec and shuts back off again. I don't know if maybe the Caps in the PSU have to charge or something, think i might have read that somewhere. I don't know what to do now, just waiting a little bit to let this thing charge up and try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom