windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sno352

Beta member
I have a computer with windows 2000 pro on it and it is starting to screw up real bad, I am thinking of going with xp. I have a few questions though.

How would I remove windows 2000 pro and such...? would I just format the hard drive? Is this a difficult process?
what would the next step be after formating? Just pop the windows xp disk in the drive and bam?
Is windows xp difficult to instal and does it give you choices?
I only have a 4 gb hard drive and read somewhere it is possible to do it with only 3 gigs. What would I have to do to make it only take up 3 gigs?

I know these must sound stupid but this is in dire need I gotta get this win 2000 off here before it frys everything.

thanks for your time.

If you only have a 4Gb drive, I suggest you get a new harddrive before you go about doin' ANYTHING to that computer. ;) Format the drive, with something like MaxBlast or such, or if you really it like a new drive, write it is "0's" took me a day or so to write a whole 120Gb harddrive though. And for putting Windows XP onto a 4Gb drive, and that's all the space you have, you shouldn't do that. ;) Get a new drive. I had a 10Gb drive with Windows XP Pro on it, and it took me only week or so to fill that drive up.

Windows XP will run fine on anything over 10GB. Anything lower, and you have just room for the OS, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom