Need opinion on my soon to be setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1threat

Baseband Member
Ok, im ready to upgrade my computer in a month or so. I have an athon xp 2600, geforce 6600GT ect.

Ive had good dealings with www.ibuypower.com, and im thinking about going with them again. I mainly game, i do alot of alt-tabbing, listen to mp3's, different websites ect. Im mainly wanting something im not going to spend over ~$1200.00. The setup ive built is as follows...

- Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply
***(im going to buy a new good power supply probly 550 watts, good brand)

- [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4600+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport

-Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

- 2048 mb Kingston Hyper-X w/ Heat Spreader DDR-400 PC3200

-Geforce 7900GT 256 MB w/dvi ect.
***Im mainly worried about this part because i dont know what type of card it is going to be. I mainly game i just want something that will last a little while. I dont feel like spending like $200 to get a little more performance lol.

- 300 GB hard drive (7200 rpm RPM 16meg cache)
*** again i dont know what type of hard drive

-cd / dvd burner

Also comes with 2 free games.

Total : $1,216.00 before taxes / shipping.

I have priced pretty much the same products, but from newegg.com and it seems as if i would pay like $100.00 more for the same setup and a lesser GPU. Can someone please advise?

I forgot to add, That i will not be doing SLI / Crossfire. I would like to mainly stay with AMD unless a huge difference

Nice case :) I just got my shipment in today from newegg, and I am using that same case. I like it a lot (thus far).

I'm pretty sure the hd's are western digital. I have no idea about the videocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom