Help Me Build A Gaming Computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr@Zie

Solid State Member
First off Hello im new to this forum and i need some help building a computer...

well ive seen all the new processors, grfx cards, etc...

and now i want to build a gaming computer but i need help...i actually want a good decent gaming computer from the price range of $600-700 and possibly $800 dollars...i want it to be a low as possible...

i just need a mobo, ram, graphics card, and case w/psu...

i also prefer intel because i just favor them more...im gonna use the comp for gaming mostly but also multi-tasking like listening to music, surfing, installing programs, etc without any lag or problems...

i want the comp to be able to play Rome Total War, upcoming Medieval Total War, F.E.A.R , Company Of Heroes, etc basically rts and fps games...at decent graphics...

thanks for all the help appreciate it :)

Cpu: Intel Core 2 E6300 2Mb L2 Cache 1.86 Ghz 1066 Mhz FSB - $183
Mobo: ECS P965T-A (V1.0) ATX Intel Motherboard Skt 775 - $99
Graphics: eVGA Geforce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 - $299
Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion Black - $69
Psu: Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W Power Supply - $39
Ram: CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 - $144

The intel Core 2 E6300 is a awsome overclocker. You could easily overclock it to 2.6 Ghz with stock cooling and voltages. The graphics card i also recommend is a very good and high end card. Its very good price for what your getting. I can still help you if you post replys or you can email me at gmanych@hotmail.com

All this information came from www.newegg.com

you can probably find a better psu for alil more mulla... it has alot to do w/ the reliability/lifespan of your computer as a whole. antec and enermax are the best i believe... here is the newegg page for psu's
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=58
probably dont want to go lower than 430, i would recommend over 500W... the next generation of 3d accelerators, due out in like 3 months or less are asking for 1000W (1kW) or more!

btw how do you guys overclock the cpu? what are the risks of overclocking?

also is the processor the 6300 really good? also does the speed matter like a 6300 compared to a p4 3.2 ghz computer...which would be faster?

so is it still fast even though i dont overclock? like will it run the games smoothly aswell as multi tasking?

but i thought that the e6300 is 1.86 ghz or is it 3.72 because both the 1.86 ghz are added together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom