MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI Completely Unstable!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an msi k8n neo 4 and i suspect its the reason why i couldn't OC, so MSI approved an RMA for it! they're shipping it back to me now, i believe they replaced it.

if you get good OC with your dfi, then it is your mobo and you should RMA it...

i'm with reggie, no need to put the voltage up like that. wait until you're using the DFI as they are brilliant for overclocking. you will always want to increase the voltage by the smallest amount possible when you find it is necessary to do so. as for your memory, if i were you i would use a "divider". look around in the BIOS. it will be a ratio for the memory:FSB frequencies. set it to smallest one possible. i.e. the one that is furthest from 1:1. this is just so that you can find out how far you can overclock your cpu without any problems from the memory.

edit: with the DFI you won't have to worry about the LDT ratio anymore. at least not until you really know what you're doing :D as the "auto" setting is good enough unless you are breaking records.

got my dfi board installed yesterday and had some problems,

one it didnt want to boot up until i installed it out side with minimal boot and it works!
so installed in case and everything was fine.

two the strange un intergrated audio chip the jets out on top the board is so annoying!! it wouyldnt fit because of my 120mm rear exhast fan and my case is giant. sunbeam transformer.
now i have to cut the fan bottom in a slit so the chip will kindof sit inside the fan cut. is it ok to do this? i meen its the only way for me to go ahead will my rea exhast and since ill be overclocking i am going to need to use this fan for suffiecent cooling.

your getting very very close to having exactly the same pc as me, :cool: (same case aswel)

DFI boards do overclock very well but i had to buy the msi because it was a close runner up at the time i bought it and i couldnt find a dfi board over here.

have fun getting your chip upto speed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom