MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI Completely Unstable!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI Processor Overclocking, Completely Unstable!?!

hi
i tried to over clock my AMD64 3200+
on this board and i got major problems the sytem would not boot anything above 2.04
and and even at that it was completely unstable. ill have major crashes where im doing stuff and bam the video goes out and theres a loud noise over the speakers like if a jet engine was coming to a stop like booooom....zzzzzzz....zz...z! then it would get lower and lower and cut off completely. i then reset bios the set default processor timings then it boots!?!
i enabled cool and quiet, and this board is suppose to be able to handle alot, let alone a little over clocking. my processor core is the winchester series 90mn and i hear it overclocks fairly well, to a stable 2.6. some one help me>>>>> if its the motherboard ill get a new one
:(
Sean

you gotta turn cool and quiet off if overclocking...

and you have to turn your htt to x4

and you may even have to raise your vcore if need be

look at my rig ;)

have you got decent ram? lower the HTT to x4 like nosboost said, because if you multiply your fsb, in my case 250 by 2, then muliply that by the HTT it cant go much over 2000.

I didnt have to raise any voltages until i was about 2.4ghz

ok......

so 4x htt? whats that
i have decent ram its geil running at no higher than cas3 and its great but my board seems so unstable its pretty banged up and i keep crashing in gmod and low frame rates. i have a 6600gt help on over clocking the processor and video would help please. and i tried with cool n quiet off and still crashes. but i never tried the htt thing. help on that and video overclocking please:)
or should i just keep the dfi lanparty nvidia ultra board i bought?
and overclock on that cuz its more stable?

i cant believe this crap:(
i just changed the ht from 5x to 4x like u said and tried to set the frequency to 2.4 but it wont boot. so i had to reset bios again!
is this thing ever going to overclock correctly!?!

dont just up the fsb from 200 to 240, work your way up there. Have you read the how to overclock sticky at the top of this forum?

is this thing ever going to overclock correctly!?!

lol, maybe when you do :D, you need to do some reading mate. you need to work the FSB up in 5mhz increments and run some stability tests each time. look for an option in BIOS like LDT multiplier and unless it has an auto setting change it to 4x. seeing as you seem to have very little experience with overclocking the only way this is really going to work is with a lot of research on your part and trial and error.

not everything can be taught

no, i have changed the voltages on anything
my RAM is geil value RAM its 2 x 512s im goin to try and overclock it on my new DFI board coming in today when i get home. exactly wat settings do i apply? and why wont my MSI board remain stable, major crashes were it completely shuts off and either doesnt boot up on restart:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom