monitor wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locutus said:
Are you using a video card? and if you are what kind? AGP, PCI, PCI E? Or is the video integrated.
Do the following, reseat the ram, the video card (if you have one) power drain the computer, go into safemode , see if it works.

If not most likey the video card or the ram is overheating. Try leaving the computer in BIOS screen for a while if no video signal there or dies out after a while, you got a hardware issue,. if it works in BIOS, then you got a driver or software issue. thanks

its intergrated. i tried to reseat the ram, i cant go into safe mode, cause my screen wont even come on... im ready to kick the darn thing!

apokalipse said:
you got a new video card
there's a chance that the new video card is stressing the PSU too much

or there's a chance that you got an AGP 4X or 8X card, and you only have an AGP 2X slot

I bought a 2x and put it in and nothing changed, it did the same thing its been doing...nothing :mad:

yoshiemaster said:
reset your cmos. differs from mobo to mobo. but basically you have to move a jumper up a slot and pull out the battery on the motherboard for 30 sec.... put it back in, and switch the jumpers back to the original position and it should work again. if not, you got a big problem.

I'll try that. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom