Can my DD-D5 pump handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, the pump adds a negligible amount of heat to your fluid (it is a result of imparting work to the fluid). it is nothing that you should worry about or account for.
you want your radiator before your reservior because it gives the fluid additional time to cool in the res before being used again. the only advantage that i could see putting the rad before the blocks is that the fluid may be more likely to go turbulent (which is a good thing for heat transfer, a bad thing if you dont have alot of pump head). but it would actually be better for your system for the fluid to go turbulent over the blocks as that is truely where heat removal matters.

I am gunna flush my system tonight. Would distilled water be decent to use? I do have a little algae in the system, not sure if i should use alcohol or what

i would use alcohol or fresh hydrogen peroxide... thats what i use for my hydro-tubing when germs invade... not sure if you pump will like that, but it shouldnt mind since alcohol has a lower viscosity than water and hydrogen peroxide is pretty much water anyways.

looks like the only part that i am even keeping in this loop is my rad. ordered all the part. so excited..

Loop 1..... Cpu\22wpelt, 3fan rad,pump, DD fillport res
Loop 2..... maze4 gpu\maze4 gpu, 3fan rad, pump, DD fillport
Loop 3..... radeon mosfet cooler, radeon mosfet cooler, 1fan rad, small pump, dont remember which, DD fillport.

stuff isnt in that order, dont know what order i will do yet. Order doesnt really matter that much, the pump dont add that much heat. I will make it in the easiest way to drain.

I know it is overkill, but oh well, its fun

ok got the back of the mobo covered with conformant coating(looks like model glue)

it says to put it around the cpu socket... yea... but what about when it hardens.. then you wont be able topen and close the socket lol. I guess i should use silicone here,, at least that will stretch when i open and close the socket

yeeeaaaa, that wc system is pretty redonkulous.
are the mosfet coolers for your mobo/n.b.? ram?
you totally could have gotten away with cpu, gpu and the others on one dd5 pump (youve got plenty of head with all those settings) with a 3 fan radiator and a few in line h.s.'s
oh well, balls the the wall and all that.

the heatsinks are for the radeon mosfets. Will just have regular ram sings on them with a fan, and a fan duct to the bridge mosfets

After seeing how much power this thing draws... i decided to sell it and my proc WC loop. I ordered a prometia phase change\lian li case. Will use a rad and rad box for my video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom