Firefox 2 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
I dont know why I posted this but here it is.......

Okay, this one was a little bit of a tongue twister so I wasnÂ’t quite sure how to say it. Technically I should say Firefox 2 RC1 RC1 but I guess it would make more sense if I refer to it as the first Release Candidate of Firefox RC1. Well, it doesnÂ’t really matter how you say it, instead all that matters is that the download is available.

Here are the direct links for the downloads of the English versions (the only language currently available):

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla....tes/rc1/firefox-2.0.en-US.win32.installer.exe

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/09/19/download-the-first-release-candidate-of-firefox-2-rc1/

There is no need to upgrade a software as long as it is good with you.

I am using Mozilla 1.7.13, BTW!

Warez Monster said:
Because its the most widely supported browser
It's on everyone machine and since spyware infects IE, theres no way around getting infected
There are constant updates, every Tuesday
If users can learn not to download items, screensavers, etc, you know what Im talking about, warez sites, etc.
Running away from something wont help people learn how to fix items. FF is getting Spyware also, they have their fair share of issues. Once FF gets more popular and people see they are having more issues and so called vulns, then I guess they will move on to the next so called "secure browser"
Its all the same thing, its just a browser, just different gui and name attached. IE is suffering from is own success, FF is on the same path as well. But we got these security idiots that post vulns when they find one which gives hackers plenty of times to exploit the code. If everyone kept their mouths shut this wouldnt be an issue. Scaring people away from one item to another is only making another problem for that program. Im not sure on the exact statistics but Im willing to bet the 95-98% of all corporations use IE, what does that tell you? and they all mostly use Symantec, not AVG etc...

I guess the lack of features and crashability isn't a big deal for you, but it is for me.

What features do I need that FF has??

Like I said, some company just came out with a new brower that is no more secure than IE but has plug-ins, Big deal.

Tabbed browsing, ctrl scroll adjusting text size, plugins such as adblock w/ the filterset, totally portable, opensource, etc.

The main thing I hate about I.E. is the fact that since Microsoft pretty much has a monopoly, 70% of the people out there use I.E., and some websites code just for I.E. (thank god for the IE-in-a-tab plugin), making it so people who use real operating systems and real browsers are screwed. Think MS is releasing an I.E. universal binary for Macs? Don't hold your breath, they failed miserably when Apple released their first version of Safari, and people saw that the features it had were 20 times better than IE. While all these other browsers had cool features, Microsoft had to spend time with there 800 some odd developers patching all the mistakes they left in it to begin with. That is precious time they could've spent developing cool features like tabbed browsing. Firefox has 100x has many developers, is developed 100x more rapidly than I.E. and therefore is 100x times better.

Opensource developers don't have their heads stuck up their arse worrying about how long hackers will take to crack their newest version of Windows Media Prison, instead they get to work on stability, performance and adding features at the users request, taking suggestions and building software that people want, not what they can trick PC manufacturers into buying and sticking on their computers to sell to ignorant people who don't know any better.

I don't care about security, viruses, spyware, keyloggers, what have you, because I don't use a broken operating system that is vulnerable to that kind of crap.

Asking " What features do I need that FF has??" as a point to try and say that those features are useless is total BS. Sure, you might not need them (or want them, I don't know if you hate Firefox, or what) but LOTS of people like features and plugin support.

I know that when I open Firefox, I'm not going to have some stupid toolbar installed by a pop-up that I shouldn't have seen in the first place.

I can't seem to resize the Google search bar (it spans half the Firefox window - on 1600x1200 resolution). I tried adding the following to my userChrome.css:

/* Resize Google Toolbar*/
#searchbar {
-moz-box-flex: 400 !important;
}
#search-container {
-moz-box-flex: 400 !important;
}

I created the userChrome.css file in the res folder. Any idea why this doesn't work?

The built-in search field :). I remember it being too small in the previous version, and now it's too big hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom