What brands are best for laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a dell labtop.... e1405 duo core @ 1.83ghz...love it so far...alot of people hate on dell... if u buy a cheap dell then yea its gonna be cheap... buy a nice one and u get ur moneys worth...

Toshiba and Apple are good. So are Alienware but if you dont like Mac Os then dont get a Apple. Mac runs games slower than windows too

bronxblaza117 said:
i just got a dell labtop.... e1405 duo core @ 1.83ghz...love it so far...alot of people hate on dell... if u buy a cheap dell then yea its gonna be cheap... buy a nice one and u get ur moneys worth...

Sorry to say but Dell are budget computers and they always will be. Cheap chinese parts

JinkX said:
am thinking of buying a new dell laptop ,, what do u advise me ?

Im getting a inspiron 6400. Core 2 duo 2 gigs if ram 80 gig hd x1400 vid card..3 year complete care ect warrenty all for about 1400 canadian. Not including the warenty its hard enough to build a desktop with these specs for much less (1200 cad). So im happy. Cant wait to get it in.

Drizo said:
Apple might have designed them, but Asustek built them. They're overhyped, waste of money imho. Just get a Toshiba or Asus laptop, they're upgradeable to merom processors, while I bet Apples are a pita to upgrade at all.

Cool, Apple designed them and Asustek built them. Two great companies. Waste of money? I think not. Find a "PC" laptop with the same features as a MacBook Pro, for the same price or less, that isn't a flimsy plastic piece of crap. Nice generalization too: If the laptop is made by Toshiba or Asus, you can stick a Core 2 Duo in them. Nope. Incorrect. MacBook Pros - remove a few screws, put bigger harddrive in, ram, etc. But as any sane person knows - you don't upgrade laptops. It's as simple as that. You get a laptop that suits your needs, and when it stops suiting your needs you sell it to someone with less needs, and buy a new one.

Sorry you had to go and post your flamebait, but I think I did pretty well in not flaming.

Conroe said:
Im getting a inspiron 6400. Core 2 duo 2 gigs if ram 80 gig hd x1400 vid card..3 year complete care ect warrenty all for about 1400 canadian. Not including the warenty its hard enough to build a desktop with these specs for much less (1200 cad). So im happy. Cant wait to get it in.
Be aware that your x1400 is using hyper memory. It's a 256mb card but only 64mb of that is actually dedicated, the rest of it will be coming from your system memory if needed. Video performance won't be as good as you might be expecting...

jorsoft03 said:
Be aware that your x1400 is using hyper memory. It's a 256mb card but only 64mb of that is actually dedicated, the rest of it will be coming from your system memory if needed. Video performance won't be as good as you might be expecting...

From what I understand the X1300 uses 64 onboard and 64 system "hypermemory". The X1400 (at least from what i understand) has 128 megs onboard and uses 128 system. Its like 1/4 th the power of a 7900GT but still plays basically any game out there with reasonable settings. Im not a huge gamer so it should serve me well

If im wrong please let me know.

Look, I'm not going to get involved in a debate about something that is my opinion, you have yours, I have mine, nuff said.

Toshibas are upgradeable, just takes time and effort to do so.
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-A105/remove-motherboard-1.htm

Yes the brushed aluminum macbook pro's are sweet, but I never thought spending upwards of 2 grand on a laptop, any laptop is worth it, though if I struck it rich I'd change my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom