Used KillDisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I used KillDisk to get rid of everything on my hard drive, and now I get a "No fixed disks present" error when trying to partition it. Now what do I do as this is not my computer? And help is greatly appreciated.

Windows 98 is what was on it, I was booting from a Windows ME floppy disk. I didn't mess with any cable'ing.

Not much, The computer worked fine before I used KillDisk. I only used it to get all the spyware and viruses off my comp, then I was going to install Windows ME. Maybe if I use a Widows 98 bootdisk that might work? Thats what os was previously on it.

If worst comes to worst, I have a spare 10 gig hdd at my dads house that I know works. I believe the one in there is 8 gig.

Ok I'll try a 98 disk. Basically I go through the loading of the virtual ram drive and when the a:\ prompt appears I type fdisk, thats when I get that error described above.

Ok it didn't work :( . I get the same error. And before the command prompt shows it tells me I don't have a valid partition and to use fdisk. I use it and get the same error as before. How do I make it a fixed disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom