CuteBox Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy

Beta member
I don't know what this device is called in other parts of the world but in Australia it is sold as a CuteBox.

Basically, it's about the same size and shape as a mouse with phono & S-video inputs plus a TV aerial. It can be used to watch & record TV programmes, but I use it to capture all my old VHS videos to the hard drive which I then burn to a DVD.

The picture quality of burned DVD's is superb but I am having problems with the sound. It starts off fine, but as the DVD progresses the sound lags behind the picture - after about 45 minutes the audio track can be up to a second behind the video.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

To give you an idea of the Cutebox specs have a look at this:

http://www.usbonline.com.au/product.php?productID=GW-VT2310

Thanks in advance (this is my first post so please be gentle on me!)

Martin

I'm no expert at dvd encoding but the only time I've had this happen to me is when I've got an mpeg file that I burn straight to dvd. The sound is always off like that. Try converting to a raw .avi file and burning that instead, did the trick for me.

i am not sure of the problems cause but i have seen it many a time with analogue tuners :(. you think that is bad, last year i tried to digitise the AFL grand final and i think i had a 24 second delay between video and audio. if you haven't got an answer after a while i'll look into this myself...kind of busy right now though.

Thanks for your replies.

I'll try converting to avi & see how I go. (BTW, wasn't it a great AFL grand final last year. Gonna be a good game tonight as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom