keyboard not working after putting computer together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I put this old computer together and when I turned it on everything is fine. But when it says to press DEL to enter setup, I press DEL nothing happens. The lights on the keyboard flash for a second and when I try to press NumLock, Caps, or Scroll...none of the lights go on. What is wrong here? I tried another keyboard...still the same thing. I know the keyboards are working because they both work on my other computer.

Possibly....someone suggested trying a USB keyboard. But how can I get the USB keyboard to work if the drivers aren't installed for it, because I'm doing a fresh install of windows.

Yes I said in the first post that I tried another keyboard, and the same thing happened. It was also PS/2 by the way.

make sure you have the latest drivers for the mobo and also, you could try using using a USB k/b like someone has already stated. i use one i bought from gamestop for the playstation 2 for like 5 bucks.

anyway, just try getting all your mobo's latest drivers and if that doesn't work you might just have a bad keyboard slot on the i/o panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom