3d Gaming Freezes My Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

infantryman

In Runtime
hello,

my computer, a dell 600m has been freezing while playing ALL 3D games. What happens is that the screen rate goes way down so everything happens in choppy slow motion, and i lose the Dell optical mouse and my Dell keyboards function. what happens is that the optical laser just turns off. No response or signal. When i exit the game using my touchpad, there is sometimes a little message at the bottom of my screen that says that there was a USB malfunction. I think it is the video card because i turned the graphics acceleration down a notch and i was able to play for a slightly longer time without freezing. Im still not sure though. Ive only been able to play for 3 minutes maximum without freezing.:(

My computer specs:

Computer: Dell Inspiron 600m
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
Proccessor: Intel Pentium M (2.00 gigahertz)
597 megahertz and 512 megabyte of RAM.

Your comp is fine for playing 3D games, just not the newest ones.
I've played World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike Source, Warcraft III, and a few others on mine perfectly fine with moderate settings (nothing maxed out and no AA/AF).
Maybe you have a driver conflict? There really is no way for me to tell since I dont have your system in front of me as far as that goes.
To set my 600m up I wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro clean and only installed the bare drivers for the laptop and nothing else, and installed the ATI version of video drivers.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can even install drivers that allow you to overclock the GPU.
But like I said, you should be able to play some 3D games on it and get good enough frame rates to enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom