What brands are best for laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I heard Toshibas are good quality laptops, plus nice and affordable prices.

obviously apple would have their props lol

I like sony's laptop...I don't know how their performance rate because I'm a desktop type of person and haven't really used a vaio laptop.

But there's laptop look really nice, most laptop looks I don't really like, aside from apples.

But i'm just being shallow lol...dont mind me

APPLE!!! far and away (and no, i dont own one... yet) they are the only ppl to my knowledge that actually design their systems from the ground up.

toshiba is made by sony and they just had a bunch recalled: http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,71811-0.html?tw=wn_index_7

sony's is the best windows based laptop, but thats not saying much considering the mobo, hd's, etc are pretty much thrown together w/o much consern for heat transfer and such, unlike apple :D

i'm more that pleased with my gateway. 512mb, 2.8ghz intel pentium m, nice widescreen 15.4'', dvd-rw, good keyboard layout...... $700

Toshiba and Sony are both very good. HP is okay, Gateway is kinda cheap but can be good for the money, Dells are cheap and cheaply built, Acer is cheap but awful quality (I repair lots of these, too many to recommend).
I just bought an ABS laptop, very nice so far, best value for the money compared to any of these brands for my needs.

cwiz said:
APPLE!!! far and away (and no, i dont own one... yet) they are the only ppl to my knowledge that actually design their systems from the ground up.

Apple might have designed them, but Asustek built them. They're overhyped, waste of money imho. Just get a Toshiba or Asus laptop, they're upgradeable to merom processors, while I bet Apples are a pita to upgrade at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom