my msn probliem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, I've read that the MTU can cause problems but i've tried various different settings with no luck both on the router and NIC ranging from 1400 to 1500 if memory serves.

Infact my laptop connects via a wirless access point connected to my switch which is connected to my router but I dont think that can make a difference?

MrCoffee said:
I am, I've read that the MTU can cause problems but i've tried various different settings with no luck both on the router and NIC ranging from 1400 to 1500 if memory serves.

Infact my laptop connects via a wirless access point connected to my switch which is connected to my router but I dont think that can make a difference?

MTU aren't the only causes though.

Nah, your access point or switch has nothing to do with it as far as I know.

Best information I can give you is to directly connect to your cable or DSL modem and test it out, therefore you'll know rather it's the router or your computer.

What about other computers on your network. If this doesn't happen to the other, then I guess it's just with your computer.

yeah, this is the annoying thing, all the other computers on the network are ok.

Unfortunately the modem is build into my router so I cant connect directly to it, cheers anyway.

Edit: here is a link the the thread I started previously on this here
provides more info

JinkX said:
am not behind a router and i still have the probliem ??
anything i can do ???

You might want to take a look at the thread i lined to in the post above, contains lots of possible solutions.

haliloooyaaa.... probliem solved !!
its was my date ..
ive messed with it .. and the msn messed me up :p
thankx mrcoffee !! ur the best !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom