G80 specs leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
theinquirer.net has an article on the specs of the upcoming G80 (can you say 8800GTX and 8800GT...? I knew you could).

From what they say they found on Hardspell:
The G80 includes a Unified Shader Architecture, FP16 support, 700 million transistors and a new AA mode. It will run up to 1.5GHz, have the weird 384 bit memory interface we told you about, and sport an oddball 768MB of DDR4 at very high speeds.

There are two launch SKUs, an 8800GTX with the full memory interface and water cooling, and an 8800GT that has a 320 but memory interface. The GTX will retail for $649 and the GT in the high $400s. This looks like a really cool card, nice catch guys.
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34495

Sounds like fun.
lengua9ep.gif

no way in h**l i'll pay that much for a freakin graphics card, i'd say the mid range are gonna be expensive to

I won't worry about it for a couple more generations, at least.

Once they get the die shrink in, lower the power consumption, and lower the heat output... then I'll be interested.

What I've got can handle everything I want to do for now.

i'm probably gonna go for R600, my Nvidia card isnt meeting my preferences and i guess i should try ATI for once anyway

i still don't trust the inquirer. it makes no sense that they would choose a 384bit memory bus and 768mb of memory, but hey i may be proven wrong and just have to eat my words. crikey that's a heck of a transistor count though and quite impressive if it's true. for comparisons sake AMD's Toledo core has ~230 million transistors total.

I don't take everything as the gospel, but they do tend to get the first sniff (or least a part of the whiff) of the best breaking tech news. Ol' Mike Magee has lots and lots of contacts...

I won't believe a source that doesn't take 30 seconds to proofread an article for little obvious mistakes that sacrifice the credibility of the article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom