he wants a tradeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ omg dude, that processor is totally worthless now.... might as well toss it in the trash... or better yet! just send it my way and i'll give you $100 for your troubles :p

dude running at 95 degrees for a period of time that was short enough to NOT cause a crash would not do any severe damage to the processors life in my humble opinion. if the processor still passes prime for say 24 hours (in my opinion this is stable) then it is fine and neither the static nor the heat did damage. for the record if his feet were planted on something solid e.g tiles or concrete rather than carpet, he touched the case or grabbed the chip by its edges only there was no real risk of ESD to the chip. the PCB material these processors are made of does not conduct electricity so he would have to have touched the die or the pins.

dissapointed to see all the "*'s" in the above posts :(

don't listen to nitestick, he doesn't know what he's talking about. your cpu is FRIED. SEND IT MY WAY... lol.. :p

nitestick said:
dissapointed to see all the "*'s" in the above posts :( [/B]
sorry... but 95c is very severe. he was running it for about an hour while we were gone, so who knows how hot it got on 1.6v? for all we know, he couldve been playing a game with 1.6v on it. i just don't know. why his mobo didnt have a throttling/shutoff threshold i dont know.

sweet. although, that jerry guy (the guy at the other end of the deal) said this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/sys/209268820.html

i kind of feel bad now... although he WAS being somewhat careless with the processor imho..... his deal was 100$ plus that case.. but im doubtful that will go through, so ur next on the list ^_^

anyway i got my 4800+ and its awesome. havnt started OC'ing it yet, but im sure it'll be good.

ps: the reason i had you post it on creig's list is so my dad will get the offer. i cant send it out on my own. no car yet =\ only a few more months!!!

oh and, if i had known that its your dad that was gonna get the email, and not you, i woulda made it sound a bit different... i kinda assumed you already knew some things.. hmm.... like i didn't mention i lived in Vancouver.....

Yea, I filled my dad in on the fact that you might send an email to him. He knew before hand what was going on so.... I'll know for sure if the deal with Jerry goes through today, if not we'll get ready to ship it out to you ^_^ I kinda think its gonna go through though. Srry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom