video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
i have been having problems with my video card( i think) when i run a game it freezes, the sound loops and my computer becomes unresponsive, it then restarts. After i restarted it this came up: how could i fix this....i have been having this problem for awhile. Also last night i was on and the screen just became distorted and had lines coming across it, i was listening to music and it started looping the part of the song i was listening to.

Error type Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? Yes
What does this error mean? You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Cause A video adapter device driver
Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

About 2 months ago I took out my Uplus Dps card that came with my computer because i didnt have the thing that keeps it in place. And it fell out and caused by computer to shutdown immediately. This had happened once before and it didnt do anything to my computer. And the second time it happened i just took it out because i was afraid it would fry my motherboard when it did that again because it smelled burnt. SInce i have taken it out my computer seems to be running the same and it is cooler inside the computer judging by the heat of the air coming out the side door of my pc. I thought that might have to do with it but i am notsure. I begam having the problem about a month after i took out the the dps card. It would freeze and the graphics would become messed up and lines would run across the screen. This would happen when i would play any game( Call of duty 2, Battlefield 2, warhammer 40k dawn of war). So i reformated a couple of weeks ago and i havent had a problem until last night when i was playing company of heroes. I have everything set on high except the shadows and the unit detail.

specs are
Enermac
Intel Extreme Edition 3.2ghz

1gigabyte ram Corsair Value Ram

Nvidia Geforce 6800gt 256mb

Creative Sound Blaster audigy 2 zs gamer

Ati tv wonder pro

Western Digital Caviar 250gb

Windows Media Center Edition
I have stock cooling, but on my northbridge chip i have a zalman northbridge cooler.
600 watt Enermax PSU

I had been playing Company of heroes all day on saturday and sunday but when i played it tonight it only ran for 30 minutes to an hour.

ahah. triple post. my guess is ur computer is overheating. get everest and monitor ur temperatures and post ur readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom