Monitor kinda blurry

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but never hurts. that or its smudged looking. magnetic interference and all. but its something, other than the above I'd say monitor is shot. but may as well look at the cheapest thing first.

Ares i think it is either the video card or something got bumped inside the monitor. from PC hardware class i learned there are pots adjustments inside the monitor. if you adjust the focus you should be able to fix the blurriness.

i highly do not recommend doing this because you expose yourself to deadly voltages that can kill you. again please note this can be FATAL. one of the students in my class was smart enough to open a PSU while it was still plugged into the outlet and got zapped pretty good. the other pots adjustments for the monitor are the gains for red, blue, and green i beleive

Killians: Thanks for the help, but it's not any kind of external issue. I've tested the monitor on 3 different pc's in 3 different rooms of the house. In each test i moved the monitor to the room and swapped monitors for a few minutes to see if it were still blurry, which it was consistently with each computer. I'm boggled because it was a really good monitor before being temporarily decommissioned and wasn't used a whole lot.

Ekaesine: A bumped video card inside the monitor? Hmm. I guess this is plausable... whatever it is, it's something inside the monitor that's causing it. According to what little settings it has, it is as sharp as it can get (yet it's blurry). I could probably pop open the back of it and see if anything is loose. It's a vga so i dont think i'd get shocked or anything as long as it were unplugged. I've opened tons of things in my life, so this wouldn't be too difficult to do. Would it have some kinda adjustment mechanism INSIDE that i could manipulate inside??

Thanks again guys. I'm still stumped though. Those strange monitor goblins are at it.

Um, keep in mind unplugging the monitor doesn't discharge it. They still hold a hell of alot power in there. Capacitors and such, so I'd still be VERY careful. I know kind of what shes talking about above. You have a focus, RGB and also intensity for the RGB. Which is which and where, ya got me. I wouldn't mess with it, though. To damn dangerous and being unplugged doesn't matter. You still have to discharge it.

Ares i think killians45 understands what i'm talking about. i was not talking about your video card. i was talking about physically unscrewing the monitor's plastic shell/ casing and messing with the potentiometer adjustments inside it. again i would like to stress the voltages are deadly .....as in your will DIE if you accidentally touch the wrong thing inside it.

my instructor who happened to be an electrician told me just don't touch the electron gun or capacitors and use only one hand, but i was like f*ck that sh*t. the monitor is worth $40. i aint gonna risk my d*mn life for a $40 POS, screw that. and than he laughed at me and called me a sissy girl :(

LoL. I've taken plenty of things apart before, i can't see it being much different from a tv. I've taken 3 tv's apart before. I understand you were talking about taking the monitor apart, that's why i quoted you.

I'll figure it out one way or another, use it or just get rid of it in the end. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom