Die MSN Messenger Die!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Ok, if anyone can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated!! MSN Messenger automatically signs me in no matter what. When it comes up in the icon tray i exit before it logs itself in. The problem is that I apparently have an older version of MSN messenger already installed on my computer and starts up with me not being able to do anything....so basically when i shut down MSN 7.5 on boot another older version of MSN messenger has already sign me in??
WTF?????? Now don't get me wrong i don't want to completely remove MSN messenger from my computer (because i constantly use it) but i hate the fact it signs me in no matter what i do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Disabling the Windows Messenger

Control Panel/ Add & Remove Programs

Select Add/Remove Windows Component

Scroll down, uncheck Windows Messenger, click Next to save.

Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are two different applications.

Or you can do it this way.

1) Click on Start, Run

2) Type the following (or cut and paste it) into the Run line

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

3) Click on OK

4) Restart computer so it will take effect

you knwo theres a few spy/trojan viruses that use methods like this send/recieve information id give you pc a scan aswell ive had a few of these before oen of the being prorat that used windows messenger

i dont know y but i have a feeling that its just a feature from the messenger. Just like AIMs it has the feature to sign u in automatically. Have u tried disableing this from the messengers settings? If yes, then its a completely different problem. Just like someone else suggested. It could be a virus so try scanning ur drives.

I quick Solution. Open MSN Messanger 7.5. Click Tools --- click options --- on the left side click on 'General'. You will see that there are sevral option available which you check and uncheck. SO YOU NEED TO UNCKECK 'Automatically run Messenger when log on to Windows"
You are done

Don't know how i got so confused over this. My bad guys for the this stupid thread. Thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom