In Runtime
I have this setup:

x1900xt graphics card
1 gig dual channel corsair ram
amd athlon 3700+ processor
Antec 480 watt psu
250 gig hard drive
-----------------------------------------------

When I play any game for a decent length of time the character in the game teleports around the screen and continues moving in the same direction if if I am not pressing anything on the keyboard. The problem usually rectifies itself but keeps repeating at regular intervals. A beeping noise also emits from the processor occasionally during which time the gameplay is unaffected. I am not overclocked and am running at stock settings. It is really odd that this problem is occuring. My graphic card's temperature never exceeds 65 degrees C, and my processor never exceeds 42 degrees C. I receive no errors running Prime95 and have decent 3dmark05 scores (9750). What could the problem be?

I applied some AS5 on the Gpu's heatsink, and the temps are the same. Wtf should i do? Shouldn't the gpu be making noises and not the cpu if it is overheating?

Hmmm.....try closing other applications that are running in the background (besides the firewall,etc) whiile playing the game.
this a single core processor it will studder if lots of things are running at the same time.

also check if theres thermal paste on the CPU and use compressed air to blow out any dust in the fans.

It is a single core processor but no other programs are running. I think it may be the gpu because my computer starting having these problems when I upgraded to the new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom