need a new hd!!! quick ordering TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
okay so I think my maxtor is toasted, anyway. I am looking at a WD caviear 3.0gb/s 16mb cahce 250gb HD for it. Now I think I can use it with my mobo. Because it came with a bunch of serial ata cables. Now I want to order tonight.

Also my PSU has a wide thin black cable that I think is for sata drives. I compared it to the one on the bck of the drive on the internet and it looked like it matched up.

Anyway COH is coming in like this week and I want as little donw time as possible.

IT should work shouldnt it?

Sounds like you're talking about an IDE cable (wide thin black one). But coming from the PSU? idk about that.

If your mobo came with sata cables, then there should be connectors on the board and you should be alright. Just check your manual to be sure.

If you have SATA connectors on the motherboard it should work. Your PSU sounds like it has a SATA power cable. Just check the box or something to make sure. You can use a normal molex connector if you don't have a SATA power cable.

DarkS1d3 said:
Sounds like you're talking about an IDE cable (wide thin black one). But coming from the PSU? idk about that.

If your mobo came with sata cables, then there should be connectors on the board and you should be alright. Just check your manual to be sure.

No...sounds exactly like a SATA power connector. Obviously if your mobo came with SATA cables then it supports it.

okay. Man I go t off the bus today, and checked the mail and guess what was in it. COH, man am I ****ed at that HD. I wait for ever for this game and the week it comes in, the f***ing thing dies.

well I have a wd 3.ogb/s 16mb cache 250gig on the way.

well the Hd came in, and I pluggged it in. Now the problem is that the rest of the computer wont recognize it.

I have tried reseating the RAM, CPU, and CMOS battery. Now after I click ENTER to start the windows installation it brings up a meesage saying there is no HD detected.

I got a WD sata2 drive. Now my MOBO is sata2, and PSU has the right power pin. Does the drive need a jumper? cause it didnt come with one. Please Help. I still cant play COH

Your mobo should have a feature to make a disc with the sata/raid drivers on it. Once you've made that, put in your windows CD, hit F6 when it asks for the drivers or w/e for the raid or scsi or w/e it says and then just follow the steps on the screen. If you dont have a floppy drive or anyway to put the stuff on the floppy, you're SOL as far as I know. Oh, also if your mobo disc doesnt have the make disc feature for some reason, it should be on the company's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom