Playing 3gp/3g2 files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperRider

Solid State Member
Ok I have a RAZR phone and when I take the videos I take off the RAZR and put them on the computer they are .3gp or .3g2 video files. I played the video files fine in Quicktime for some time. Recently I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows. For some odd reason when I try to play this videos in Quicktime they look like this.

Untitled-2.jpg

and

Untitled-1.jpg

The sound is there, but the video is so messed up. I downloaded VLC Media Player which was recommended to me somewhere else. The videos play good, I can see them clear, but I have no sound. :( Its the same version of quicktime and latest version of quicktime. Same video file (s) before the reformat. The same version of quicktime is installed on my Dad's and sister's computer and both of those computers play the videos fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime numerous times, to no avil. I am lost on ideas now. I'm guessing it has to do with a corrupt codec, but I don't know where to begin on fixing that.

In VLC, in the main bar go to audio then audio track and see if it has more than one audio track. If so try each one.

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
In VLC, in the main bar go to audio then audio track and see if it has more than one audio track. If so try each one.

Nope only 1 audio track. I posted this on another forum and noone could figure out the problem. I know its a dumb reason to reformat but if its the only way to fix it then im going for it.

Download a codec pack such as k-lite. Make sure you get a well known good pack tho. Install it and try again. Also try get a quicktime alternative.

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Download a codec pack such as k-lite. Make sure you get a well known good pack tho. Install it and try again. Also try get a quicktime alternative.

Quicktime alternative works. Its not the exact fix I wanted but WTH it works. Thanks

And Bruce thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom