refresh rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttomm46

Baseband Member
Hi

I'm running win Xp..ati radeon 9200.

what is the normal refresh rate at 800x 600 resolution,?

i'ts always been a guessing game with me.

Tom

It depends on your monitor. Most monitors run at 1024x768 with a 75 hertz refresh rate (that's optimal) but for a lower resolution you can probably turn down the resolution. It's up to you really.

If the screen flickers, turn up the refresh rate a little bit, until it stops. But don't turn it too high, you can risk damaging your monitor.

Open your display properties, Setting tab, click advanced, go to monitors tab, and set to the highest supported by your monitor at the resolution. To find the highest, check the "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" box.

I strongly recommend that you turn it up from the default 60 Hz; long term exposure to such a low rate has the potential for increased eye sensitivity.

I keep my refresh rate at 85hz, any lower and I can see the screen flicker. People think im nuts when I tell them I can see the school monitors flicker. Its all those years of staring at a pc screen for hours a day. Most likely it gave me computer eye syndrom (increased eye sensitivity). I plan on getting some blue light blocking computer glasses that are suppose to reduce this eyestrain later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom