CRT monitor problem..is this funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcilles

Baseband Member
I have a old CRT monitor which i just replaced with a samsung LCD.

The monitor works fine the only thing is it loses its horizontal hold, ocassionally and when i slap (tenderly) the side of the monitor i goes back to normal...hehe.

Now is there anything i can do to fix this monitor or should i just junk it.

Monitors are relatively cheap and very dangerous to repair. The capacitors and transformers inside have enough juice to kill you.
Your issue doesn't sound like it can be fixed with a simple driver replacement or other adjustment. my advice is to take it to a professional to be repaired or buy another.

Old CRT monitors also have mercury in them if I am not mistaken. Can't (legally) just toss them in the trash or shoot them. (even though they do look cool upon impact). We here at work have to pay somebody to come get them and properly dispose of them.

" Old CRT monitors also have mercury in them if I am not mistaken. Can't (legally) just toss them in the trash or shoot them. (even though they do look cool upon impact). We here at work have to pay somebody to come get them and properly dispose of them"

Meh. Who pays attention to "legalities." :p

Dan

dipique said:
" Old CRT monitors also have mercury in them if I am not mistaken. Can't (legally) just toss them in the trash or shoot them. (even though they do look cool upon impact). We here at work have to pay somebody to come get them and properly dispose of them"

Meh. Who pays attention to "legalities." :p

Dan

When you work at a hospital, you have to go by the book on some things. They inspect our garbage randomly. We don't want the OSHA folks coming down on us.

"They inspect our garbage randomly."

Gee... that's creepy. Maybe you could disguise it as a dead body or something. Then again, I doubt you're allowed to throw those in the dumpster, either. Too much mercury in the blood.

" dipique and superdave you know you both got the same b-day."

One can only wonder how you happened to notice that. :p

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom