Scattermouse problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriEclipse

Daemon Poster
Im sure everyones had this problem sometime. Its when your mouse just starts to act really weird, running to every which corner of the screen and the only way to pull it back is to run the mouse off the table and set it back down. I used to think that it was a virus, though when I had it, it went away on its own.

Now my friend says that its been happening to him since he got his computer, a while ago. Does anyone have a definitive answer as to why it might happen?

Typically it's the mouse and the only solution is to get a new one (not that they're very expensive). But sometimes the motherboard acts up too-- I've only seen that once, though.

Dan

btw, you can test the mouse by hooking it up to a different computer. That should isolate the problem.

Dan

Make sure there's no dirt on the rollers (if a ball mouse) or any dirt/hair blocking the eye (for a optical or laser mouse).

Sometimes a piece of hair will get inside the hole for my laser mouse, and it will freak out.

Yup I have that problem with a wireless laser mouse. Certain spots on my desk it would act like crap on. The solution was to tape down a folder to the table to use as a mouse pad.

Is it wireless? A lot of times with wireless mice if it breifly loses the signal from the mouse the default is to draw the mouse to the corner (top right in my experience). I have a basic Logitech wireless optical at work that does that every now and then. At home I use a G7 laser and it has been flawless.
I've never had that problem with any of my wired mice.

could be the surface its on, mine tends to go wacko on my desk because the area the mouse is on is waring down

try using a mousebad which is black. Do not use use the mouse on a white/yellow wiht red with black spots. This should fix the issue

The best mouosepad I ever used was a besktop calender... one of those big blotter ones.

$5 for a 24"x18" mousepad... oh, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom